Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Greensboro?
Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Greensboro? As a general rule, there are three primary areas of your residence for video surveillance: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. While your installation team will be able to advise where to start, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Main Entrance
Although it may seem crazy that a criminal would try to casually stroll through primary entrance, 34% of break-ins take place near the front door. You also have delivery bandits among other risks to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to manage these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you have the ability to speak with any visitors who approach and ring the bell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to all engagements with two-way communications and live video and look like you’re home. When a person does try to do something nefarious, you are able to have your camera instantly document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Cameras
Where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are a handful of tips to make sure your property is well protected.
- Corners of your Greensboro house provide a better viewing angle, letting you see two sections of your yard.
- Position underneath an eave or straight into a piece of trim or siding are ideal locations for cameras as they will be somewhat hidden by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more likely passageway for invaders than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or rear door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the street.
In each of these spots, make sure you cut back any brush and branches that might obstruct your view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Greensboro. That same versatility does mean there are other installation variables to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window can cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera installed in a higher spot will produce a broader view. Try placing your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or affixed to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to protect you if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras where children or pets aren’t able to interact with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of securing them to be certain they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best security camera won’t do much good if you have a houseplant in the way. However, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your entire property -- protecting every inch. Dial (336) 306-5608 or fill out the form on this page to start your project.