Not so long ago, your security system components could only be installed where a wire could be connected. You could forget about putting a and indoor camera on a countertop or managing your system with a smartphone. However, home security is much different now, due in large part to the development of wireless installations. You currently have an array of extra advantages to enjoy -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installs. Wireless home security systems in Greensboro will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
What To Consider When Going Wireless
Maybe the most essential aspect of wireless home security can be summarized in these two words - internet connection. If you have reliable fast internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring team at all times.
If you reside in a rural setting without stable cellular or internet access, a wired configuration will probably be better. Or It could also benefit you from a financial standpoint to go the traditional route if you live in a home that currently has wiring for security components in place.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Greensboro will elevate the safety of your property, which is the main purpose in the first place. However, if you welcome the idea of having the latest technology, consider the following advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Gain access to all the devices in your home from your lighting to your surveillance cameras directly from your smartphone utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view who’s at the front door, turn on your connected lights, and even arm your system on the rare chance you forgot to do so. Whenever an emergency does occur, you can have updates sent right to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and lengthy installs. One of the greatest facets of wireless devices is that you are able to put them practically in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you want to update sometime in the future with the latest equipment, integrating devices into your configuration is easy.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions possible with speedy, two-way communications. You can set your components to act in specific circumstances to boost your protection and dissuade break-ins. For instance, if your outdoor camera discerns unusual movement on your property, it is able to signal your interior lights to illuminate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Greensboro
Even though wireless home security systems in Greensboro are known to be dependable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about using one. Here are a handful of the most prevalent sources of concern:
- Battery-run wireless elements could stop working if the battery is depleted. Although this could happen, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically should be positioned within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your adaptability.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of hacking exists. You can take steps to greatly reduce the risk by using strong passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only use security devices with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the latest in Greensboro wireless home security? Call (336) 306-5608 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your home.