How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Greensboro
Home security cameras can simply be used as a hindrance—something that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras are armed with a plethora of features all tailor-made to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and fast action motion sensors, these additions empower you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Greensboro.
How To Set Up Your Greensboro Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras in the optimal spots around your home is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart move to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to move around to reach the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should afford a clear sightline of your porch, drive, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity can hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need a form of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera location is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Greensboro. The innovations listed below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to automatically start recording when movements are discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- Two-way talk: Most of current security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to chat with guests with the camera. With your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more comprehensive view of any space. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your video surveillance are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Greensboro is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (336) 306-5608 or complete the form below to get started building your home security system today.