How Does Geofencing In Greensboro Work With A Security System?
Today's home security options have become increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to forget to perform simple security chores like arming your home security, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Greensboro, you can just drive off to work and let your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Greensboro For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you are able to set up in your smartphone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to communicate with one another. The technology aids your security system by grouping all components onto a single network. You can draw a unique boundary around your home and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your driveway, you can set your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are several of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way to use your property’s security system in Greensboro. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan when the fire alarm trips. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your security camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Set a scene: Design custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Make your smart bulbs lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm your alarm system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Greensboro
Whether you’re looking for extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (336) 306-5608 or complete the form below to begin customizing your ideal security system.