Here is what our team is doing to keep our customers and team members safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Greensboro
September 23, 2021

Could I install a security camera as a baby monitor in Greensboro?

Could I install a security camera as a baby monitor in Greensboro?

In loving preparation of the nursery, you put together the cradle, painted the space a soothing pastel, and installed the ultimate diaper changing station. You’re now ready to decide the way you intend to watch over your precious one. You could go with the standard baby monitor that lets you listen in through a connected audio receiver, or you might go high-tech and use HD video, two-direction communications, and initialization through motion sensing.

This advanced option kind of sounds like cameras included in a complete home protection plan, but would you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Greensboro? 

What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Greensboro?

In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You place a component with a microphone in close contact to the sleeping area, transmitting sound to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. Thankfully, baby monitors now offer many more features. For instance, some monitors now have HD video and 2-way communication. You can even connect your monitors to your wireless network so you may roam all over the house. The latest baby monitors in Greensboro are so advanced that they resemble indoor security cameras in both capabilities and cost.

Should you replace your baby monitor with a home security camera?

Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras have many of the same features, you have quite a few parents in Greensboro integrating their nursery to their home security system. So it makes sense -- especially if you have to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor now has:

Night vision video: Your surveillance system should include 1080p high-def video, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.

Two-direction audio: Sometimes, you don't need to go inside the bedroom to get your child back to sleep. A comforting word might be all you need to keep bundle of joy asleep.

Sensors and alerts: While it’s an option to have your monitoring device function around the clock to carefully watch your newborn, your attention may diminish over time. But if your video surveillance notices anything unusual, then you can get a notification to your smartphone. Perfect if your child soundlessly scales out of the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the space.

Save and send recordings: The majority of baby monitors aren’t able to save the video. Today’s modern devices allow you to deliver a 20-second clip to grandparents to show them what a peaceful, precious baby you have.

Smartphone access: Instead of having to lug a separate device around, you can watch from your home security app. You could even check in on your tot and babysitter when you go for an evening away.

Your security camera baby monitor is part of your smart home installation

The nice thing about implementing a security camera as a baby monitor in Greensboro is that it will work in unison with your corresponding home security and home automation devices. For instance, if you observe that your little one is particularly restless, you are able to tweak your smart thermostat from the security app to increase the room’s comfort. Or when they awaken for their midnight feeding, you might increase the brightness of the space’s smart lights to indicate you’re coming. In the event you have at least two babies in separate spaces, you can give each one an indoor security camera and monitor the video in the same mobile app.

An indoor security camera in Greensboro is included in your home’s complete security and automation package

Regardless of whether you want a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or just want one for your general security, begin by reaching out to Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint professional will carefully explain all the possibilities and assist in getting the right home defense package for your property. Just call (336) 306-5608 or fill out the form on this page.